THE CURSE OF LA LLORONA is new to theatres this Friday:
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother, a social worker and her young children are drawn into a frightening supernatural realm.
WHO'S IN IT? Linda Cardellini, Raymond Cruz, Marisol Ramirez, Tony Amendola
Now thru Saturday, April 20
• Pictures with the Easter Bunny are available at Edgewater Mall in front of Dillards. Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday – 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Click here for available picture packages.
Saturday, April 20
• Easter Eggstravaganza, sponsored by K4J of Biloxi, will be held at Church Alive in Biloxi from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. There will be an Easter Egg hunt with 1,000 eggs, dunking booth with Children’s Pastor Billy J Carroll and Sunday School teacher Jack B Grove, hula hoop dancing, nerf gun target time, Easter coloring table, karaoke, duck pond, face painting and much more. For ages 2 years to 6th grade.
• Heritage United Methodist Church is hosting the Community Easter Egg Hunt from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Heritage United Methodist Church in D’Iberville. A Free lunch is provided along with many activities, bounce house, face painting, games and picture opportunities. 10,000 eggs will be divided by ages (for safety) and 6 lucky children will find a golden egg that can be redeemed for a special themed Easter Basket.
• Easter Egg-Stravaganza happens at Dolce Bakeshop in Long Beach from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. In an effort to raise money for the LBHS Band, the day will begin with a waffle breakfast ~ waffle, sausage, and a drink for $5. Then we’ll head over to hunt Easter eggs filled with candy AND several lucky hunters will find coupons to local downtown businesses. The hunting area will be roped off and divided into sections for different age groups. Once the hunting fun is over, head on over to Dolce Bakeshop for an Alpaca and Bunny Kissing Booth, live music by Phillip Drake, face painting, carnival games, and more. All of your local downtown shops and restaurants will be open for you to enjoy, and we are looking forward to a day of jam-packed Easter fun~ all for a good cause!
• The Mayor’s Youth Council’s Easter Egg Hunt takes place from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Clay Boyd Park in Ocean Springs. All ages are welcomed to hunt for Easter eggs and take pictures with the Easter Bunny. Click here for exact age group times.
Sunday, April 21
• The Biloxi Second Liners will host its 14th annual Easter Egg-Stravaganza on Sunday, April 21 from 2-5 p.m. at John Henry Beck Park, 851 Division St., Biloxi, for children ages 12 and under.
Wednesday, April 24 thru Sunday, April 28
Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi
‘For more than two decades, the Mississippi Coast Coliseum has hosted the Crawfish Music Festival to provide quality entertainment and family fun to the Southeast. The Crawfish Music Festival parties on the front grounds of the Mississippi Coast Coliseum with the beautiful Mississippi Sound in the background. The cool breeze from the Gulf of Mexico welcomes attendees each April. Each night of the Festival promises fun, excitement, and a little something new! Whether it’s the headline entertainment, hot boiled crawfish, or exciting mid-way rides, you won’t want to miss this event! The 2019 line-up is shaping up to be another amazing year of musical entertainment.’
Saturday, April 27
8 a.m. to 3 p.m., 13247 – C Seaway Rd. Gulfport
‘The Dragon Boat festival is a fun and exciting fundraising and team building event, where companies, organizations and individuals can participate in a unique style of boat racing. Dragon Boats are 46-foot rowing boats that hold a team of 20 rowers and one drummer. Apart from participating in the race, there are plenty of ways in which you can support the 2019 Gulf Coast Dragon Boat Festival! Every dollar raised goes directly to improving education, health and financial stability in South Mississippi. Whether your participating, sponsoring or just spectating, join us April 27 for the Gulf Coast’s hottest event on water!’