The Jackson County Fair is Back – THIS WEEK!
Jackson County’s “best week of the year” returns with the County Fair on Oct. 20-27. The Fair is eight straight days of spinning rides, stockyard exhibits, live entertainment, local vendors, and seafood gumbo! It is Jackson County’s largest agricultural and entertainment event of the year and brings people from across the entire Coast together for one week of entertainment, food, and October traditions.
- Live entertainment ranging from music and dance groups to a talent show and dog show will be provided on the indoor Civic Center stage and at the Barn.
- Rides will be open at 4 p.m. from Oct. 20-24 and earlier throughout the weekend.
- The Commercial Booths in the Civic Center will open on Oct. 21-26 at 9 a.m. It’s a great place to meet some of the candidates running for office while shopping for some unique gift ideas for the approaching holidays!
- The Livestock Barn opens on Oct. 22-26 at 9 a.m.
- The Arts Building opens on Oct. 22-26 at 7 p.m.
Jackson County citizens age 70 and above are invited to the Old Settler’s Day Lunch at the fair on Thursday, Oct. 24. Lunch tickets can be picked up from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. at a tent in front of the Arts Building that day.
The food is another ingredient to the Fair’s on-going success. Along with midway food vendors, the food booth pavilion, located at the northwest corner of the fairgrounds, houses 10 individual food booths and room for hundreds to dine comfortably under a single covered facility no matter what the weather is like.
Other highlights for the 2019 Fair include:
Monday, October 21
- Judging in Arts Building – Arts Building is CLOSED until Tuesday evening.
Tuesday, October 22
- Judging in Barn – Crops, Poultry, Rabbits and Vegetables
- Family Night at the Fair – Ride Prices Reduced from 4 p.m. to close (Kiddie land opens at 2 p.m.)
- Performances by Dance Groups (Civic Center)
- 5 p.m.: Studio of Dance
- 6 p.m.: Jolene Stars of the South
- 7 p.m.: Spotlight Elite Dance Center
Thursday, October 24
- Old Settler’sDay Lunch (no presentation) – registration from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Friday, October 25
- Rides open at 2 p.m. until
- Children’s Day – Ride prices reduced from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dog Show (Barn) – 6:30 p.m. (registration 5 - 6:15 p.m.)
- Midnight Madness – Armbands ($20) from 11 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Saturday, October 26
- Rides open at 11 a.m. until
- Youth Livestock Show (Barn) – 1 p.m.
- Jackson County Fair Talent Show – 4 p.m.
Sunday, October 27
- Rides open at 12:30 p.m. until
- Super Sunday – Armbands ($20) from 12:30 – 5 p.m. or 5:30– 9:30 p.m.
The Jackson County Fair Book can be found athttps://www.co.jackson.ms.us/251/Fair.
The County Fair will be held at its customary location in Pascagoula at the intersection of Shortcut and Hospital Roads. It is once again the largest free admission fair along the entire Gulf Coast. Contact the Fairground office with any questions 228-762-6043.